AeroMobile Communications Limited is a UK-based mobile service provider for the aviation industry. We provide world class, proven, technology and services that enable airline passengers to use their own mobile phones for voice, texting and mobile data whilst inflight.
As part of the Panasonic Group’s Global Communication Suite, AeroMobile’s services are available for installation either at the point of aircraft manufacture (line fit) or on aircraft in service (retrofit) across both Airbus and Boeing aircraft.
Since 2008, over 27 million passengers have successfully connected to our inflight network.
The AeroMobile service is currently in operation with Aer Lingus, Air France, Air Serbia, Air Seychelles, Alitalia, Emirates, Etihad, EVA Air, KLM, Lufthansa, Malindo Air, Qatar, SAS, Singapore Airlines & Virgin Atlantic.
- Alitalia successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- Malindo Air successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- AeroMobile services installed on Etihad Airways A380
- EVA Air successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- Qatar Airways successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- Lufthansa successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- Aer Lingus successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- Kevin Rogers is appointed new CEO of AeroMobile
- Etihad Airways successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- Gatwick airport becomes the 1st fully connected AeroMobile hub for Virgin Atlantic
- British Airways successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- AeroMobile become part of the Panasonic Group, extending a successful partnership that has been in place for some time. This natural extension of the original partnership enables AeroMobile & Panasonic to offer a seamless connectivity service to our customer airlines
- Etihad Airways is announced as a new customer
- 11 million passengers connect to the AeroMobile network
- Transaero and Aer Lingus are announced as new customers
- Virgin Atlantic successfully launch the AeroMobile service
- More than five million Emirates passengers connect to the AeroMobile service
- SAS and Gulf Air sign as new customers.
- Virgin Atlantic, Cathay Pacific, Dragonair, Turkish Airlines and Air New Zealand all sign as AeroMobile customers through their commitments to Panasonic’s eXPhone system
- AeroMobile is reincorporated to become a wholly-owned subsidiary of Telenor, the world’s seventh largest telecoms company.
- Lufthansa signs up as new AeroMobile customer through Panasonic’s eXPhone system, giving AeroMobile commitments on all wide-bodied aircraft variants.
- Panasonic partnership announced.
- AeroMobile establishes offices in Singapore and Dubai in addition to UK HQ.
- The world’s first authorised inflight mobile phone calls on a commercial flight take place on Emirates flight EK751, flying between Dubai and Casablanca on March 20. By the end of 2008, more than 50,000 passengers have used the service.
- Malaysian Airlines and V Australia sign up with AeroMobile.
- AeroMobile wins the “Best Achievement in Technology 2008” award from the World Airline Entertainment Association (WAEA).
- The UK’s Civil Aviation Authority completes its airworthiness certification process, paving the way for AeroMobile to enter full commercial service.
- Qantas begins a trial of the AeroMobile system in April, with more than 11,000 passengers using the service in the first four months.
Meet our CEO
Kevin Rogers joined AeroMobile in February 2008 from Telenor, where he was Vice President of Group Marketing.
Prior to this Kevin held a number of roles with Nortel Networks, including Director of Sales for the company’s Canadian operation.
Kevin was promoted to CEO in March 2013 and is responsible for driving the company’s plans for growth and continued momentum.
“It’s been an exciting 12 months for AeroMobile with the rollout of services to Aer Lingus, Lufthansa, Qatar Airways and EVA Air. We also successfully launched trials with British Airways, KLM and Air France.” said Rogers.
Kevin holds a BSc in Physics from the University of Exeter and an MBA from Kingston University.