Our growing connected fleet
Our growing connected fleet
Since the launch of our world-first inflight 3G connectivity service in December last year, our connected fleet has expanded rapidly. As well as forging new partnerships with roaming and airline partners, we’ve also been working closely with existing partners to make inflight roaming more accessible for passengers.
This year we’ve already celebrated several new 3G launches:
- Etihad’s first 3G connected aircraft was a state-of-the-art Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner in April this year
- Singapore Airlines now has three 3G-connected aircraft after AeroMobile launched its first connected A350 with the airline in May
- SAS extended its connected fleet in February 2016 with the introduction of our 3G service on long-haul routes from Copenhagen to US and Asia
- Air Serbia’s first 3G-connected trans-Atlantic route flew from Belgrade to JFK in June 2016
- Eurowings joined the AeroMobile connected fleet in May 2016 with its first 3G connected A330 aircraft. Connected flights on the low cost European airline depart from its hub, Cologne, travelling to destinations including Cuba, Phuket, Dubai and Barbados
Focus on Singapore
Singapore Airlines’ first Airbus A350 entered into service in May 2016 and is the airline’s first 3G aircraft. Previously, the airline offered inflight mobile connectivity on selected A380s and Boeing 777-300ERs. This was also a milestone for AeroMobile as it was our first connected A350. The inaugural long-haul flight for the newly-connected aircraft took place from Singapore to Amsterdam’s Schiphol Airport.
Further A350s entering Singapore Airlines’ fleet throughout the year will be fitted with our 3G inflight connectivity service, showing Singapore Airlines’ commitment to offering customers connectivity on board. 3G routes will include Hong Kong, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Netherlands.
To ensure customers can make the most of our service on these routes we have been working closely with operators and now offer unlimited inflight data deals for Singtel and Starhub customers in Singapore.
Did you know?
By September 2016, 50 per cent of the airlines in the AeroMobile fleet offered aircraft with 3G connectivity! We look forward to seeing that number rise even further by the time we celebrate the one year anniversary of our 3G connectivity service in December 2016.
AeroMobile Communications Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Panasonic Avionics Corporation, is a UK-based mobile service provider for the aviation industry. AeroMobile provides world class, proven, technology and services that enable airline passengers to use their own mobile phones for voice, texting and mobile data whilst inflight.
Follow us on Twitter @AeroMobile